Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby bum Cake Tutorial

Here we go. This will be my first cake tutorial so bare with me if it's not that clear... :)

Baby bum covered with fondant. I just baked a normal cake in a round metal bowl, iced and covered it in fondant. I also cut away the sides a little so that the legs could fit in.

Place the bum on the cake. Be sure and put in dowels or wide straws to support the cake.

The feet and legs I molded out of rice krispies. I molded the feet to look like a kidney bean..

The feet and legs covered in fondant. After I covered the feet I took a sculpting tool and made impressions in the feet to make them look more lifelike. I also add little ruffles to the diaper.

Added the fondant blanket and decorations and it's done!!

2 comments:

  1. Here we go. This will be my first cake tutorial so bare with me if it's not that clear... :) Kitchen tool expert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Article. it's really informative and innovative. There are wonderful blogs as yours on instagram, please go to link webstagram
    to know more

    ReplyDelete